- Phase analysis of samples with flat or irregular surfaces; of thin films.
- Quantitative phase analysis on batches of samples.
- Crystallography and Rietveld analysis on samples with flat or irregular surfaces; or powder samples in glass capillaries.
- Transmission measurements through (samples between) foils.
- High resolution rocking curve analysis, reciprocal space mapping and X-ray topography on (epitaxial) layers on single crystal substrates.
- Reflectometry on thin layers and substrate materials.
- In-plane diffraction on thin films.
- Residual stress analysis of flat samples, irregularly shaped materials or thin films.
- Texture analysis on all kinds of materials with a preferred orientation of the crystallites.
- Analysis of changes in the crystal structure in changing environmental conditions.
- High-throughput X-ray diffraction for automated analyses of large numbers of samples.
Restrictions: use of harmful, flammable or other substances which contaminate set-up with powdering, liquid or vapor is strongly prohibited.
Powder samples have to be prepared for measurement in the FNM Chemistry Lab
(contact Abdualam Uheida - email@example.com 087909132).
Any manipulation with powder are not allowed in XRD Lab!