1. Full equipment name:
Asterix (AIXTRON 200/4)
Placement room 10 (Epi III/V)
2. General purpose
Horizontal LP-MOVPE reactor for growing III/V-based compound semiconductors
3. Technical data:
· Horizontal LP-MOVPE.
· M Braun glove box with inert N2 atmosphere.
· Dry scrubber CS-125CS.
· Aeronex SS-2500KF-H catalytic H2 purifier.
· SAES Pure Gas MonoTorr PS4-MT15-N-2 N2 purifier, heated getter.
· Millipore Wafenpure Gas Cabinet 300 WPGV203TA AsH3 purifier.
· Hydrazine purifier.
· Laytec RAS system, in-situ monitoring using polarization-dependent reflection
4. Detailed description and capabilities:
InAs, GaSb (InAlGa)/(SbAs)
Doping Zn, Si, Te, C
Group III: TMGa, TEGa, TMIn, TMAl
Group V: TMSb, DMHy, TBAs, TBP, AsH3, PH3
Doping: SiH4DETe, DEZn, CBr4,
· Substrate size (max.):2”
· Substrate size (min.):few mm with dummy wafer support
6. Emergency shutdown
In case of emergency Press yellow or red process stop button and manually close the Hydride
7. Safe shut down/start up
To shut down the system freeze recipe and abort it. Then run the recipe “cooldown.EPI”. When
the cooldown recipe is finished the main power can be switched off.
To start up the machine turn on the power wait 10s and reset any alarms. Then run a “full stop” &
“full start” programs on the asterix computer desktop. Then reset the rest of the alarms. When all
alarms are showing green lower the N2 gas flows through the reactor so no one flow is over 750